You want to create your own website of your (lecture) material? eSkript.ethz.ch with PressBooks and further plugins provide a great all-in-one solution. In this guide we give you a brief introduction on how to create your own eSkript. The following parts help you to start right away:
- Quick and Dirty: overview of the PressBooks GUI and a very short step-by-step instruction
- How to Start: information on login, your profile and catalog and how to launch a new project
- Basic Settings: where and how to adjust metadata, appearance and privacy settings
- Handling the Content: instructions and tips for adding and editing your content
- Import: different solutions for different formats
- Export: how to have downloads available in other formats and a word on the update cycles
- Additional Plugins: details on how you (and others) can annotate your eSkript, analyze web traffic, insert interactivity modules and more
If you need further assistance and help:
- Also look at the Pressbooks 101
- Read the official PressBooks user guide.
- Check out the ‘useful links’ collection.
- Browse the world wide web.
- Annotate and ask your questions right here!
If you need ideas about how to use eSkript in your teaching, browse our eSkript Scenarios.