- put your papers, summaries, lecture material or anything else on eSkript.
- have your material online to be always available.
- have a PDF and EPUB version of your material.
- let the material be reviewed/commented on by anyone you choose.
- decide to have collaborators and work together.
- use interactivity modules.
Let’s open your own eSkript right away!
- Follow this link and log in (you need to be part of AAI), log in. You will arrive into the admin panel.
- Under ‘My Catalog’ (in the upper left corner, next to ‘PB’) choose ‘Add A New Book’, follow instructions
- Fill out the ‘Book Info’ (the ‘Save’ button is at the top!)
- Under ‘Appearance’, ‘Choose theme’: ETH Skripts
- Set the ‘Privacy’ under ‘Settings’ (‘Book Visibility’ & ‘Who can sign up as a subscriber?’)
- You can now enter your content! Go to the menu ‘Text’, add a chapter. When entering content, do not forget to save: ‘Publish’/Update’. The menu ‘Text’ is the one you will use constantly.
To have downloads (in different formats) available
- Go to ‘Settings’ > ‘Privacy’, next to ‘Share Latest Export Files’ choose ‘Yes, I would like…’, ‘Save changes’
- Go to ‘Export’, choose the formats you want and click ‘Export your book’
Good to know
- Drag and drop chapters to reorder (when organizing text)
- Format bar: toggle with the last icon.
- Headings (begin with ‘Heading 1’; choose if numbered (by clicking on your title)
If you need any help and support, please contact me! I want to make this work for you.
Sarah Frederickx (email@example.com)
For more info: Go to the Author’s Guide and follow the instructions. You only need your nethz-account!
- You can find this link on the portal page of eSkript, eskript.ethz.ch ↵